Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful,
since we've no place to go, (except work)
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Today was our first snowfall and definitely not the last. We got a lot of snow and there is more coming tonight. I took a picture this morning and will take one tomorrow (it was dark when I got home). My car was completely covered after work. I always think on these day, "Would Shelby County have school?" they probably wouldn't if they got the snow today; BUT, I remember my last year in KY and when there was snow we still had to go to school unless there was ice. So I guess my question should be changed to "In 1989, would Shelby County have school if they got the snow we had today?" Definitely not and then I would have drunk hot chocolate (which I am about to do) and stay up late (which I am not going to do tonight). I was nine then and loved having a snow day and wish I had them now. My child care center does not close for any amount of snow or ice storm (I have heard), I guess which is good for parents that have to work.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's picture of this morning and what it looks like tomorrow morning.
PS. I thought of Shannon and Chris today because I know they always fix eggnog on the night of the first snowfall.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment