Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today I Felt Baby G! End of 15th Week!

This morning (4:15 am) when I came back to bed after my 5th bathroom break, I got cozy in my body pillow that surrounded me. Then I felt what I have been waiting for...Baby G kicked my right side or did a somersault!!!! It was a quick, soft, but strong kick. I could tell that if Baby G was bigger, then the kick would have hurt. I was so happy, I woke Vladi up to tell him. I might have felt Baby G earlier this week, but I know this was definitely Baby G.

I have been waiting to feel something because babycenter.com says that 1st time mommies tend to think that the feelings are belly rumblings but are really the baby doing those first acrobatics. And since I had an empty stomach from being sick two different times yesterday...(yes, in my second trimester), I knew it was not food rumblings and I was not hungry. I can just picture my baby now just dancing around (like it's mommy) and doing somersaults. The kick is probably Baby G doing the Charleston dance. My friend Danielle said that the baby will come out dancing like the Ally McBeal baby (after she saw me dancing at a friend's wedding-earlier post).

"oooonga chacka, oooonga oooonga,

oooonga chacka, oooonga oooonga,


I can't fight this feeling,

deep inside of me.

Baby you just don't realize,

what you do to me.

When you kick me and do somersaults,

you let me know, everythings alright...


I, I'm hooked on a feeling,

High on believing,

that you're inside of me! "


**Some words were changed in the lyrics**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to feeling the baby kick. EXCITING time.

Anonymous said...

You must be sooo excited SB. To feel a baby moving inside of you must be a really unique and moving experience. I hope I will get to see you at Christmas. Maybe we can try to see each other for a few minutes. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I am testing the comment page. I cannot wait to know what Baby G is on Monday, Dec. 22!
~Sarah Beth